July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
(Click for latest Published Version)
LSR Mission Statement:
It is our mission to provide training and support to individuals with disabilities so they may achieve maximum potential for self-reliance and active participation in the community.
Lincoln Self Reliance, Inc. has been in operation as a Section 501(c)(3) corporation since July 2000. LSR, Inc. maintains physical facilities in Diamondville, Kemmerer, Afton, Thayne, and Evanston Wyoming. The Administration Office is located in Afton Wyoming.
Over the past fiscal year, the Evanston programs have seen a lot of physical facilities updates. A basement bathroom at Morse Lee was completely gutted and redone. Several plumbing repairs were made to the back apartments. New vinyl flooring was installed at John Hancock, both day programming rooms and a changing room at Bear River. The day programming rooms also received DSL cabling and computers were installed for a client computer lab. LSR was also able to replace an aging minivan with a 2016 minivan and an older small sized pickup truck with a newer model version. The Evanston programs also had a small increase in new clients selecting LSR to provide Supported Living Services, Day Programming, Respite Services, Companion Services, and Community Integration Services.
The Kemmerer/Diamondville programs also underwent some facilities remodeling. The Kemmerer residential home had a bathroom remodel with a new tub/shower, toilet, and vanity being installed. Vinyl flooring was installed in the three upstairs bedrooms. The kitchen countertops were also refinished. The Kemmerer/Diamondville programs also had a small increase in new clients selecting LSR to provide, Supported Living Services, Day Programming, Respite Services, Companion Services, and Community Integration Services.
LSR’s thrift store located at the 1038 South Washington continued to have revenue growth and community support. Revenue from the thrift store for the fiscal year was $77,776. This was an increase of $15,080 from the prior fiscal year.
LSR’s greenhouse, located at 1038 South Washington, Afton, was in need of some repairs and cleanup. Nathan England took on the task as an Eagle Scout Project. With assistance from his troop and family the greenhouse is looking better than ever and is producing an abundance of tomatoes and cucumbers.
- 1038 South Washington, Afton, Wyoming – Administration Office, Day Programming, Vocational
- 20 Adaville Drive, Diamondville, Wyoming - Day Programming and offices, Vocational
- 250 Van Noy Pkwy, Thayne, Wyoming – Day Programming and offices, Vocational
- 100 Bear River Drive, Evanston, Wyoming – Day Programming and offices
- 1660 Nations, Kemmerer, Wyoming – Residential Habilitation
- 720 Adams, Afton, Wyoming – Residential Habilitation
- 130 Wright Street, Thayne, Wyoming –Residential Habilitation
- 140 Wright Street, Thayne, Wyoming – Residential Habilitation
- 1912 West Morse Lee, Evanston, Wyoming – Residential Habilitation
- 208 Champs, Evanston, Wyoming – Residential Habilitation
- 112 John Hancock, Evanston, Wyoming – Residential Habilitation
LSR, Inc. maintains a Governance Board of five to ten members from various backgrounds and communities in Lincoln County. LSR, Inc. employs an Executive Director, Darrel Skinner, MSW, to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization. LSR’s Board of Director’s increased in number with the addition of two new board positions. Board members serving at the close of the 2015-2016 fiscal year were:
• Marti Halverson, President (Etna – Politician)
• Darren Bateman, Vice President (Kemmerer – Rock Mountain Power)
• Anji Taylor, Secretary/Treasurer (Afton – Bank of Star Valley)
• Carter Pettit, Member (Evanston – Smith's Grocery Store)
• Lisa Beachell, Member (Evanston – Homemaker)
• Harold R Jones, Member (Afton – Broulim's Grocery Store)
• Darrel Skinner, Executive Director LSR, Inc., Member (Afton – LSR)
LSR, Inc. maintains CARF accreditation for Community Services: Community Integration; Community Services: Community Housing; and, Community Services: Supported Living.
The next scheduled CARF accreditation review will take place in November 2016. “CARF accreditation is a process that demonstrates a provider has met standards for the quality of its services. CARF established these standards to guide providers in offering their services. CARF also uses the standards to evaluate how well a provider is serving people and how it can improve.”
Programs and Services:
During the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016, LSR provided services to 77 individuals:
• Thirty-three individuals received Residential Habilitation services through LSR.
• Sixty-four individuals received Day Programming/Community Integration Services through LSR.
• LSR also provided supported living, personal care, supported employment, respite, companion services, adaptive equipment, support brokerage and intervention services during the fiscal year.
• In a Satisfaction Survey conducted in December 2015, respondents indicated 100% overall satisfaction with DayHab services; 100% satisfaction with Residential Services.
• LSR did not have any formal grievances filed by clients or stakeholders during the fiscal year.
• Of all individuals served in adult services, 31% participated in paid or volunteer work.
• In an employee Satisfaction Survey conducted in December 2015, respondents indicated 84% employment satisfaction working for LSR.
Community Involvement - Persons Receiving Services and Staff:
LSR staff and persons served have been highly involved in community activities.
Persons Receiving Services volunteered at:
|Animal Shelter – Thayne & Kemmerer
NAPA – Evanston
Food Bank – Afton & Thayne
|Raising Readers in Wyoming – Diamondville
South Lincoln Nursing Center – Kemmerer
Thayne Branch Library - Thayne
Persons receiving services worked at:
|LSR Thrift Store - Afton
Methodist Church - Kemmerer
Self-Employed – Afton/Kemmerer
Pizza Hut – Evanston
LSR Cleaning Services – Thayne
Walmart – Evanston
|Ridley’s - Kemmerer
Broulim’s – Afton
Archway Jewelry – Afton
Burger King – Afton
LSR Document Destruction – Afton/Diamondville
Subway - Afton
Persons receiving services and staff participate in:
Persons receiving services and staff network with:
WYNOT, Wyoming Independent Living, Parent Information Center, Behavioral Health Division, CARF, Protection and Advocacy, Wyoming Guardianship, Law Enforcement, DVR, Public Health, DFS, Employment Services, OSHA, WIND, ANCOR, Wyoming Community Service Providers Association, Turning Point, etc.
Staff participated in:
Star Valley Rotary Club, Kemmerer Rotary Club, Evanston Rotary Club, Star Valley Chamber of Commerce, Diamondville/Kemmerer Chamber of Commerce, Evanston Chamber of Commerce, Human Resource Councils, Wyoming Community Service Providers Association, BHD Work Group Committees, CARF Peer Surveying, etc.
Celebration of Achievements:
An exciting evening was enjoyed by all who attended the annual awards banquet held at the Afton Civic Center, Kemmerer Events Center, and Evanston Round House. All persons receiving services with LSR received recognition for accomplishments throughout the past year. Community Service Awards were presented to:
• Rep. Marti Halverson – Star Valley Community Service Award
• Country Cuts – Diamondville/Kemmerer Community Service Award
• Freeway Tire – Evanston Community Service Award
On June 30, 2016, LSR employed one hundred eleven (111) staff. LSR also employed ten (10) persons served on-site.
|1 Executive Director
1 Deputy Director
13 Lead Direct Support Professionals
70 Full-Time Direct Support Professionals
2 Vocational Supervisors
2 Persons Served Shredding/Recycling
|6 Full-Time Administrative Assistants
4 Program Managers
11 Part-Time Direct Support Professionals
2 Thrift Store Clerks
1 Part-Time HR Trainer
8 Persons Served Custodial Duties
A financial audit of LSR records for the period July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016 was completed by DeCoria & Company, Certified Public Accountants. The audit found no significant financial irregularities for the fiscal year.
Income From Grants
• Lincoln County $ 5,000.00
• United Way $18,178.00
• Silver Star $ 1,000.00
• FOE Kemmerer $ 595.00
Income From Donations-Fundraising
• Cash Donations $ 9,425.00
• Fund Raising $32,063.00
General Funding Sources
• Adult HCBS Waiver 90%
• Child HCBS Waiver 1%
• Room/Board 5%
• Thrift Store 2%
• Grants/Fundraising 1%
• Misc. 1%
Past Published Versions:
2012-2013 | 2013-2014 | 2014-2015 | 2015-2016 |